Intro to Therapeutic Nature-based Interventions:
Theory and Tools to Immediately Apply In and Out-of-Doors
An 8-week online training for Therapists, Coaches, Educators and Healers
• Do you inherently know the power of nature & have a hunch it would benefit those you work with?
• Are you wanting to add nature-based interventions to your toolkit for working with others?
• Do you want to spend more quality time in relationship with the natural world as you support others’ health & wellness?
• Do you want to feel confident offering therapeutic, nature-based experiences in a safe & ethical way?
Through didactic presentation, active discussion and experiential learning, you will get:
- A deepening of your own personal relationship with the Natural World
- An overview of nature-based therapy theory and practice
- Introduction to experiential facilitation skills
- A variety of nature-based experiential exercises that you can immediately apply in your work with others both indoors and outdoors
- Guidance for assessing and creating interventions to match therapeutic goals
- Considerations for taking individuals outdoors (ethics, logistics, guidelines)
- Clarity and inspiration for your next steps
Email us to inquire about one of our diversity and equity partial scholarships.
1. Keniger, L. E., Gaston, K. J., Irvine, K. N., & Fuller, R. A. (2013). What are the benefits of interacting with nature?. International journal of environmental research and public health, 10(3), 913–935. https://doi.org/10.3390/ijerph10030913