Courting Your Medicine for Therapists, Healers, & Emerging Priestesses
A 4-Month Deep Dive into Finding and Embodying Your Sacred Purpose
The Soul Call:
We are all here for a reason; we each have unique spiritual gifts that help us to live our purpose in the world. The core of these gifts is what we call “Soul Medicine.”
You may be a massage therapist, or a Feldenkrais practitioner, or a gestalt-trained psychotherapist, but these are not your Soul Medicine. Your Medicine is something deeper, more sacred, and often more hidden.
The trouble is most people never discover what their Soul Medicine is or how
to bring it into the world. They suffer the pain of feeling ungiven—their sacred fruits rotting on the tree. They get in their own way, trip over their shadow, get sidetracked with others’ expectations, or become lost in confusion, self-doubt, or fear.
If you are drawn to this training, you are different.
Courting Your Medicine is for therapists and healers of all types who have heard the beginnings of a Soul Call and are ready to court, embody, and live their medicine into the world. It’s for those who long to be fully given and to truly and authentically serve (without leaving themselves behind).
Who This Training is For:
- You have desire for something greater, and have a sense that there is some as-of-yet unlived potency in you longing to be born.
- You are ready to step more fully into yourself and are willing to work through the challenges you meet along the way.
- You are a therapist or healer of any kind (acupuncturist, massage therapist, energy healer, coach, psychotherapist, etc. etc. etc).
- You long to come into right relationship with your power—to not hide from it or get arrogant, but to own what’s yours to own.
- You have a deep desire to feel more confident inside yourself and in the world, to feel the rightness that comes with knowing what you are here to do.
- You are courageous—willing to go into the dark terrain of your own shadow to discover the hidden treasures there (this does not mean that you are not afraid!).
- You are ready to show up completely and allow yourself to be changed in service of bringing your deepest offering to the world.
- You are more committed to embodying your Soul than to staying safe or playing small (even if it is scary).
- You are up to important individual and/or social healing and planetary change (even if you don’t know it yet).
- You’ve done some basic psychological and spiritual work and are able to own (at least some of) your projections and break down your stories and use them for your growth.
- You have a sense that your challenges are opportunities to grow rather than simply obstacles and sometimes even celebrate and applaud your own difficulties (even while simultaneously cursing them).
- You are grateful to have the opportunity to do your Soul Work and see it as a privilege.
- You’ve resonated with much of the language you’ve seen here and have a sense (even though you don’t quite know why yet) that this training is for you.
What to Expect:
If you allow it, this training can change your life.
2022 Dates TBA
Who We Are
Katie Asmus, MA, LPC, BMP describes her soul’s work as bringing forth the innate wisdom within every-BODY, and opening people’s minds and hearts to greater possibilities. Founder of the Somatic Wilderness Therapy Insittute, Katie practices as a somatic and wilderness psychotherapist, life coach, educator, mentor, workshop facilitator, and wilderness quest guide. She is a deeply committed lover of life, people, self-actualization, and the more-than-human world. Katie has been teaching and facilitating educational and transformative group experiences for more than 30 years. She teaches graduate students at Naropa and Prescott College, and teaches internationally in the areas of Somatic Trauma work, Wilderness Therapy and Expressive Arts therapies. Katie is constantly in awe of the strength of the human spirit and the inherent wisdom of our body-minds.
Angela Aaron, MA, LPC believes fully that our capacity to evolve and grow is earth shattering, just like the roots of a tree. She is the founder of Expanding Roots Integrative Wellness and co-founder of the Sacred Path Healing Center, a collaborative of integrative practitioners in Boulder, Colorado. Angela is an integrative psychotherapist, wilderness therapist, group facilitator, supervisor, and teaches at the Naropa Graduate School of Psychology. She has been working in the mental health field for over 15 years and feels truly blessed that she found her calling in this work. Angela is from rural Maine, and this is where her love for being in intimate relationship with the natural world first took hold. Angela believes that innate wisdom and vibrant health lie within us, ready and waiting, we just need the right container for it to come through.
Learn more about Angela’s work at expandingrootswellness.com.
Melody Mischke, CAP is guided by her conviction that we each have exquisite wisdom and gifts to bring forth—and that doing so elevates both our individual and collective experience. Melody is a certified Transformational Coach, Ayurvedic Practitioner, Heart-Based Meditation Instructor, Yoga Teacher, Writer, Intuitive. She founded Live In Resonance to weave these diverse threads together into a potent transformational space for her clients. Melody’s grounded wisdom, highly skilled capacity to hold space, and her razor-sharp aptitude for seeing the full potential in others—alongside their most critical stumbling blocks—make her a highly sought-after coach and facilitator. She writes regularly for Banyan Botanicals, and in her free time, enjoys singing, dancing, and venturing into wild places with her family. Learn more about Melody’s work at LiveInResonance.com.