Connecting with Ground:
Nature-based Interventions for Working with
Trauma, Attachment & Nervous System Regulation
A 5-Day non-residential experiential training for Therapists, Coaches, Educators and Healers
- Do you have a hunch that being outside would benefit your clients’ mental health and well being?
- Have you been in a situation where your client’s or student’s emotional dysregulation was beyond what you felt confidently trained to handle?
- Would you like to be able to understand and articulate the neurophysiological benefits of relationship with the natural world to your clients and students?
- Do you seek more tools and a greater trust in how to effectively incorporate the natural world into your work with anxiety, depression, trauma, attachment issues and overall nervous system regulation?
- Do you want to feel more confident in your partnership with the natural world as a co-therapist in working therapeutically with others?
Through lecture, discussion, and experiential opportunities, you will:
- Gain an understanding of the basic neurophysiology of stress and trauma.
- Be able to identify more subtle stress & trauma responses when they are happening with clients.
- Learn and experience a plethora of Nature-based interventions that support coming in the present moment, grounding, anxiety management and nervous system regulation.
- Learn how to create and assess appropriate nature-based interventions given participant symptoms as well as the context of the program one is working within.
- Understand the role of Mindfulness and Body-mind connection in the facilitation of nature-based interventions;
- Explore the practices of: sensory awareness, direct relationship with the natural world, metaphor, expressive as well as contemplative interventions within Nature to support nervous system regulation;
- Deepen your own relationship to nature, as a foundation for providing nature-based interventions for others.
August 10 – 14, 2024 (in the mountains near Boulder, CO)
Reg Price ($1595); Early Bird Price ($1450) ends June 10, 2024 Deposit of $495 required to secure your seat